From India to across the globe, Ayurveda is recognised as an ancient medicinal system and all-encompassing lifestyle guide for creating and maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Derived from the Vedas, Ayurveda primarily focuses on the body doshas (constitution) for healing sufferings of the body, mind, and soul.
With the knowledge of diet, herbs, treatments, massages and more, Ayurveda science is more about creating holistic health than merely treating the diseases. By bringing Ayurveda into your life, you can pave the route to overall physical, mental, and spiritual health.
We have curated for you a list of ten inspiring body-mind benefits of Ayurveda:
- Internal Body Cleansing: With an overload of physical, environmental, mental stress and toxicity, your body becomes a depot of ama matter and various negative feelings that result in sluggishness, agitation, and so much more. Panchakarma is an Ayurveda treatment for internal cleansing of the body. The five therapies of Panchakarma work towards disposing of impurities that meddle with the efficient working of the human system. Ayurveda courses in India provide opportunities to learn, understand, and practice the wisdom of Panchakarma.
- Lower Cortisol Levels: If you live a modern lifestyle, it’s hard to escape from the stress that accompanies it. But, with Ayurveda, you can effectively manage the stress response. Ayurveda recommends the consumption of Sattvic foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy products, etc. These foods help with increasing prana in the body. Prana sustains the body and brings vitality and peace to the brain. In addition, Ayurveda recommends the practice of yoga and meditation, both potent methods of lowering cortisol levels in the body. If you aspire to learn in depth the science of Yoga and Ayurveda and become a professional Yoga Ayurveda instructor, then consider going to Ayurveda Yoga teacher training India, particularly Kerala and Rishikesh.
- Hormonal Balance: Ayurveda firmly advocates that imbalanced doshas are highly responsible for the development of key diseases and health problems. Therefore, this science prescribes diverse herbal treatments, a regular lifestyle routine, and exercises for balancing the aggravated doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. When doshas are in harmony, there is an innate sensation of wellness.
- Recovery against Injury and Illness: The science of Ayurveda is both preventive and curative. The healing treatments of Ayurveda treat the wounds and also strengthen the immune system that helps in the prevention of diseases. By boosting blood circulation and detoxifying the body, Ayurveda increases the body’s capacity to fight the diseases and to heal naturally.
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Unlike the other skin care treatments, Ayurveda is a natural healing medicinal method that provides verified results for a healthy and glowing skin. The discipline suggests numerous home-based remedies that are cost-effective and safe. It incorporates massages and face packs that make the skin luscious and smooth and also advocates the consumption of certain foods that help in lowering skin inflammation and diseases.
- Healthy Blood Levels and Cholesterol: No doubt, high and low blood pressure are associated with several health problems. The various Ayurveda aspects can help reduce inflammation, decrease plaque buildup, and reverse the thickening of the arteries that help manage the blood pressure. Ayurveda is highly effective in controlling stress levels, one of the main culprits of high blood pressure. By controlling blood pressure levels, Ayurveda assists in lowering cholesterol levels. You can enrol in Ayurveda courses in India to undergo High/Low BP treatment.
- Weight Loss Management: Being overweight and obese increases the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart problems, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, and many more. Ayurveda promotes natural and healthy weight loss by balancing the Kapha dosha. An elevation of Kapha dosha can lead to obesity. So, through herbal treatments, diet, and yoga you can gain an ideal body weight.
- Overall Balance and Health: The main benefit of Ayurveda science is that it suggests treatments according to the individual’s body requirements and types, thus promoting holistic balance and well-being inside-out.
Connect to Ayurveda for naturally nourishing the mind, body, and soul.
Author bio: Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveler in India. He is currently working with rishikulyogshala.org. The Yoga Alliance affiliated school organises a number of Yoga events such as Yoga teacher training India, Yoga workshops, Retreats, Pranayama training, etc.